Best inland lakes

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Burninbucks

Best inland lakes

Post by Burninbucks » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:25 am

I am fairly new to musky fishing, I have one lake within a 35 min drive from me that I’ve done pretty decent at but would like to fish some other lakes around the state this year. Wondering what inland lakes are worth checking out in the lower peninsula to have a legitimate shot at seeing a few fish and hopefully catching one or more if I only had a day or 2 to spend on it. I’ve seen all the Michigan dnr stocking history but also know some lakes don’t take as well as others. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Revinchev

Re: Best inland lakes

Post by Revinchev » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:34 pm

What area of the state
Nick

Duke

Re: Best inland lakes

Post by Duke » Tue May 18, 2021 10:23 pm

Unfortunately right now the state is somewhat lacking for true action lakes where you’ve got a good shot to catch one per day.

The stocking reports are still your best guide, with generally better odds in the smaller and more ‘closed’ lakes without an easy exit downstream or over a dam. Thornapple is an exception to the ‘more closed is better rule’.

If there’s specific lakes, or areas of the state you’re interested in feel free to ask or PM or hit up the members area here too. Sorry for the late reply, hope your season is off and running!