Musky Snacks

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

vano397

Musky Snacks

Post by vano397 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:47 am

My dad is looking for a few Windel's Muskie Snacks. They used to be in the R&H catalog but must not be made anymore. Anyhow, if anyone has a couple they'd like to get rid of, please let me know! (He might be more stubborn than me when it comes to fishing... one brother caught one fish on a musky snack in 25+years on the upper chain, and now every time we go out and come back without having caught a fish, we "should've had a musky snack"!)
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”

Will Schultz

Re: Musky Snacks

Post by Will Schultz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:11 pm

I've seen them somewhere as blanks or maybe painted under a different name. Might have been Moores or another taclle parts company.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Fishead

Post by Fishead » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:39 pm

Will Schultz wrote:I've seen them somewhere as blanks or maybe painted under a different name. Might have been Moores or another taclle parts company.
I saw them in a Jan's or Netcraft catalog a few years ago......

vano397

Post by vano397 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Thanks guys... might be the nudge I need to get an air brush...
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:01 am

I think I'm down to 1 or 2 that I can't part with, but my brother has a bunch. I'll have him look through inventory- anything in particular? Deep or shallow, colors? They are sweet little baits but were cheap- some of them were defective and would crack or break easily. Others were solid. They used to be available through the Stamina lure parts company and a couple others, but looks like they are not around or available anymore- probably why Windels / R & H doesn't have them.

vano397

Post by vano397 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:11 am

Duke wrote:I think I'm down to 1 or 2 that I can't part with, but my brother has a bunch. I'll have him look through inventory- anything in particular? Deep or shallow, colors? They are sweet little baits but were cheap- some of them were defective and would crack or break easily. Others were solid. They used to be available through the Stamina lure parts company and a couple others, but looks like they are not around or available anymore- probably why Windels / R & H doesn't have them.
Thanks Duke, looking for white red head, perch, black silver, the usual suspects... shallow, not deep. I think I have one or two somewhere, we actually got the few we had from the boat in tackle shop on 6 mile... can't even remember where it was anymore it was a while ago!

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:52 pm

I was in Dukes sport shop in Newberry a few weeks back and they have a bunch of them NIP mostly deeps but some shallows as well, prices were reasonable. I believe that is where old musky baits go to die as they have Lindy Big M's as well!
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?

vano397

Post by vano397 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Cyberlunge wrote:I was in Dukes sport shop in Newberry a few weeks back and they have a bunch of them NIP mostly deeps but some shallows as well, prices were reasonable. I believe that is where old musky baits go to die as they have Lindy Big M's as well!
Thanks for the Yup! Now I have a reason to go fish the tahq!

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:51 pm

Maybe I should go with so you dont get lost [smilie=jamminz.gif]
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?