Muskie fishing magic

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

skegmonster19

Muskie fishing magic

Post by skegmonster19 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 am

Watching "muskie fishing magic " from 1984 on YouTube. Wow! How far musky fishing has come. The only big fish on the video came from skegemog !
James Heegeman

skegmonster19

Re: Muslim fishing magic

Post by skegmonster19 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:19 am

Stupid auto correct topic is muskie fishing magic
James Heegeman

Don Paxton

Re: Muslim fishing magic

Post by Don Paxton » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:12 pm

Muslim Fishing Magic. Best MMA topic of all time! LOL

Duke

Re: Muskie fishing magic

Post by Duke » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 pm

Finally just watched this ancient relic- thanks for posting it! Fascinating that those fellas released the big Skeg fish at a time that it hadn't even really taken off on LSC yet

Chuck S.

Re: Muskie fishing magic

Post by Chuck S. » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:30 am

I hate to admit it now, but I bought this vhs clunker back in 1984 at The Tackle Box in Acme for some outrageous price at the time. The name escapes me, but I personally knew Tom Baggs, the guy who took the Detroit newspaper guy out on Skeg in the film. This guy told Tom he would receive a check for $300, as I recall, later for his guiding him and assistance in making the film. The guy never paid Tom and I saw him later at a Detroit fishing extravaganza speaking as some trout expert or something. Someone in the audience asked him about the muskie movie.....and he said don't waste your time muskie fishing......."THEY ARE TRASH FISH"! I approached the guy after the talk and told him he was a low life for stiffing Tom Baggs and trying to use his connection with the Detroit FP or News to personally make money off this resource that apparently he doesn't even respect. He told me to FO.
Chuck