Where to buy lures?

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Skog

Where to buy lures?

Post by Skog » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:32 pm

I am heading up to skegemog this weekend and want to pick know up a couple new baits. I am leaving from the midland area. Any places along the way to buy a couple lures? I have only bought used or online and I don't have time for shipping.

Also never fished skegemog before. Any pointers for a novice would be greatly appreciated.

Duke

Post by Duke » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:21 am

Clare Jays is your best bet. Someone else might know about the Traverse City Gander selection

Revinchev

Post by Revinchev » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 am

TC gander mountain does have a very limited stock. If your fishing skegemog only thing you really will need is a 5 gallon bucket of patience
Nick

Skog

Post by Skog » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:21 pm

jays it is then. Patience I got. I got the whole weekend, if we don't like what we see we can just move up the chain.

Revinchev

Post by Revinchev » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Watch out for boat traffic between 11 and 7. It gets pretty busy out there this time of year.
If you see a deep v glass triton gray in color with a full windshield feel free to stop and converse. That guy spends a stupid amount of time out there and can probably tell you where they aren't lol.
Nick

Skog

Post by Skog » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:46 pm

If I see him I will say hi. We will be in an older blue/gray Seanymph with just a console. We are the 2 tall guys picking out professional over runs.

Revinchev

Post by Revinchev » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 am

Hope skeg was nice to you guys. If you have a minute fill out an online survey for your trip, even if you were skunked, those count too.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MuskellungeCreel
Nick

kmur

Post by kmur » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Revinchev wrote:Hope skeg was nice to you guys. If you have a minute fill out an online survey for your trip, even if you were skunked, those count too.
I've been trying to fill out these online surveys and it won't accept the fish. It always comes up with.....! Please enter the total length to the nearest tenth of an inch.
I've tried every way I can come up with to list length to the nearest tenth. What am I doing wrong??????

Revinchev

Post by Revinchev » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:57 pm

I think I ran into that too ken. If I remember I had to put it in as 44.50 and not 44.5
Nick

Skog

Post by Skog » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:09 am

I was skunked, buddy was bass fishing and he picked up a couple but nothing to rave about. We're you the guy fishing by himself with no shirt on? We might have crossed paths at the opening to elk Lake.

Revinchev

Post by Revinchev » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:34 am

Yes
Nick

vano397

Post by vano397 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:57 am

kmur wrote:
Revinchev wrote:Hope skeg was nice to you guys. If you have a minute fill out an online survey for your trip, even if you were skunked, those count too.
I've been trying to fill out these online surveys and it won't accept the fish. It always comes up with.....! Please enter the total length to the nearest tenth of an inch.
I've tried every way I can come up with to list length to the nearest tenth. What am I doing wrong??????
Not sure about entering fractions, but I just entered my last couple vacations worth of mostly skunkings (thank God for autofill!) and for lengths like 47 or whatever it was, it didn't want any decimals at all. I would try a zero in both the tenth and hundredth space and it would not accept it. but it liked the number with no decimal...
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”