trolling motor

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

fasteddy

trolling motor

Post by fasteddy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:26 pm

I am Ed Mahle, of Farmington Hills. I have a problem with my PTSv Tracking, Motor Guide, trolling motor. There is power to the digital head but the foot pedal does not activate the transducer/propeller. Are there any members in Chap47 with this type motor who would be willing to talk with me about this or put me in touch with someone who could help. Thanks

Ed Mahle
28985 Kendallwood Dr.
Farmington Hills, Mi 48334

248-553-0767

emahle@ameritech.net

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:07 pm

I had trouble with my footpedal on my Minnkota. A guy told me to take it apart and clean it and electronic board that's in there with a eraser. Yes an Eraser!! And it worked. I also should have mentioned that my neighbor has the same trolling motor and I borrowed his foot pedal to check mine out a few years later cause mine had totally died. There is a store I believe in the Minneapolis area that all they do is sell and repair trolling motors. Can't remember the name but you should be able to find it on line. Hope this helps, Steve

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Fish Lectronics.com

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:46 am

In my experience it's best to go straight to the source for troubleshooting. Contact motorguide and their tech will be able to answer your questions. http://www.motorguide.com/about/contact
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.