Muskellunge harvest tag problem.

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Will Schultz

Muskellunge harvest tag problem.

Post by Will Schultz » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Duke

Post by Duke » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:30 am

Here's another problem- a friend lost his fishing license and musky tag. Went to license dealer and they told him he cannot have his license reprinted, even for a reduced fee. He will have to purchase a new license for full cost.

BUT- they said they can just print him another, duplicate musky tag. !?!?!

Need to verify this with DNR, sounds ludicrous.

vano397

Post by vano397 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:50 am

Duke wrote:Here's another problem- a friend lost his fishing license and musky tag. Went to license dealer and they told him he cannot have his license reprinted, even for a reduced fee. He will have to purchase a new license for full cost.

BUT- they said they can just print him another, duplicate musky tag. !?!?!

Need to verify this with DNR, sounds ludicrous.
Not that I know from multiple experiences, but replacement licenses are $3 not sure about tags, can't usually get more of those tho
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”

jasonvkop

Post by jasonvkop » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:28 pm

Doesn't help the article has the incorrect dates for the season - "(April 1 through March 31)"
And a new license should just be $3, but printing a new musky tag definitely could be a loop hole for people wanting to keep more than one musky. I believe there isn't a record of who gets the musky tag and who doesn't so anyone could really go in and keep getting musky tags.
The Musky Bandit strikes again!

vano397

Post by vano397 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:00 pm

jasonvkop wrote:Doesn't help the article has the incorrect dates for the season - "(April 1 through March 31)"
And a new license should just be $3, but printing a new musky tag definitely could be a loop hole for people wanting to keep more than one musky. I believe there isn't a record of who gets the musky tag and who doesn't so anyone could really go in and keep getting musky tags.
I noticed the date thing too, but I think they meant that your fishing license is valid from those dates, which makes sense, it is just restricted by different dates for different species. They certainly could have been more clear on that though! I sincerely hope that you can't go in and claim you "lost" your tag and get another...
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”