MMA Banquet & Auction March 8, 20014

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Scrappy

MMA Banquet & Auction March 8, 20014

Post by Scrappy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:18 am

Happy New Year all, may 2014 bring a monster to the net for all of us.

My name is Scott Scarpelli and I am the Vice President of MMA—MI Chapter 47 as well as a co-chair of the Banquet Committee of the MMA Board of Directors. With the New Year comes the Committee’s earnest preparations for our annual fundraiser banquet and auction which is always the event of the year for our club. The banquet is open to members as well as non-member so come one, come all and bring your friends. This year the banquet will be held once again at Hawk Hollow Banquet Facility, 15101 Chandler Rd., Bath , Michigan 48808 on Saturday March 8th starting at 5 pm. A round table discussion with key DNR representatives will be held and a pasta buffet dinner is included in the price of admission. A cash bar will be available as well. As always, raffle tickets will be sold for a number of drawings and a live auctions as well as a silent auctions will be held which will include a wide variety of custom lures, muskie rods and reels as well as guided trips and other merchandise. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 at the door and kids under 16 get in for $15. If you return your tickets to me by February 21st you are not only eligible for the door prize drawing for a $50 Visa gift card (that you can use to make purchases from MMA the night of the banquet if you wish) but you will also be eligible for an early registration drawing for $100 in Banquet Bucks (credit that can be used to make purchases from MMA the night of the banquet). Additionally, Sponsor tickets can be purchased for $100 each that will make you eligible for the same raffles as noted above (based on when the ticket is purchased) but you will also receive an MMA Sponsor Sweatshirt and $40 worth of MMA raffle tickets to use the night of the banquet. Each MMA member should be receiving a packet of information on the banquet in the mail as well as tickets for purchase. If you are not a member, do not receive your packet or need additional tickets or information, simply e-mail me at sscarpelli@dow.com and I will make sure you get what you need. Please plan to come out and join us for a fun night of all things muskie and to support a great cause.

In addition, I would be loathe if I did not mention the importance of the banquet fundraiser to MMA. Each year the banquet is MMA’s primary source (in fact, almost the sole source) of revenue for the year that allows us to support the club activities and donations MMA makes each year, most importantly MMA’s generous support of the Michigan DNR for various muskie related projects including stocking efforts as well as youth activities. MMA is an important partner in the MDNR’s efforts to protect, enhance and educate the angling public in regard to Michigan’s muskie resource, without the generous monetary support and time donations made by MMA and its members every year, I have no doubt that muskie fishing in Michigan would suffer as a consequence. While I recognize that economic times remain tough, I ask that you dig deep to help MMA support the muskie fishery that we, as devoted muskie nuts, all cherish. While many of us attend the banquet to try to find bargains, I would encourage you to look at your banquet purchases a little differently this year. Even if you pay more for the items at the auction than you might pay at a retailer or on the internet, please remember that all the profits go to support MMA projects throughout the year that benefit us all as muskie fisherman. In addition, while the quality and quantity of the food as well as the feedback on the Hawk Hollow venue for the banquet last year were almost all positive, remember, you are not attending the banquet to have the best meal of your life or to drink your favorite beer that Hawk Hollow may or may not be serving that night, you are there to support a great club, a great cause and to enjoy a night out with your fellow anglers. Your support is very much appreciated and we hope to see you all there.
Stupid Fish!!!!