Lake Margrethe

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

DaveyBoy

Lake Margrethe

Post by DaveyBoy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:23 pm

I have a few days off coming up and was looking to try my luck somewhere new (basically meaning anywhere not on the Tittabawassee system). My family has a place up by Higgins, so I was going to take a little poor man's vacation and try Margrethe. Has anyone fished this lake and be willing to offer some advice on how I might contact a few muskie?

From the lake map I'm looking at, I think I will start on the 10'-20' humps (or sunken islands, or whatever you want to call them) straight north of the boat launch. There also looks to be some good drop-offs on big & little bear points on the SW side of the lake.

I'm new to this lake and to muskie fishing in general, so no advice is too trivial.

Thanks!

treeman

margarethe tips

Post by treeman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:23 am

I contact the most fish along the north/east shore line along the drop off. If you look at the DNR map we follow the 10' foot contour line that is below the North arrow on the map. It drops from less than 10' to 35+ pretty quick. Your sunken islands (good spots)are north of the military launch...there is a DNR launch and campground off of M72.