Broken motor

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

bails

Broken motor

Post by bails » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:21 am

Hey guys around the Grand Rapids area. My trusty evinrude decided to not recoil anymore when I try to start it. From everyone I've talked to apparently I should be able to fix it but I'm not mechanically inclined and am sick if not fishing where is a good place to take a motor. I do believe its a spring on the flywheel that missing. I'm looking for some place trustworthy that won't rape me but I'm to the point where I see how windy it's supposed to be so I can go rowing for some muskies haha.. I've actually got 2 motors I want to bring the one is an evinrude with a bad flywheel and the other is a mercury that apparently needs a special gas line hook up... More frustrating than cell phone chargers but I'm not going down that road.. I actually live in Hastings and don't care if the place to go is Kalamazoo, gun lake.... I'm stupid for not asking earlier I'm just headstrong and thought I could do it but I know nothing about this lol any help???
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

Scott Williams

Post by Scott Williams » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:27 am

Matteson (sp?), on the south end of Gun has done good work for me in the past on my Mariner 20.

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Ive had good work done at Vans sport center in the past although most people will tell ya they are a bit pricy. I also heard good things about Mattison/Maddison ?? By Gun lake.

vano397

Post by vano397 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 pm

kid coulson wrote:Ive had good work done at Vans sport center in the past although most people will tell ya they are a bit pricy. I also heard good things about Mattison/Maddison ?? By Gun lake.
I concur with Vans, the best thing about them is that if its a little older they are almost for sure to have parts. Ive gotten stuff from them for everything from a 1942 johnson to a 2006 Merc... But like he said they are little pricey on some stuff.
“My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him all good things-trout as well as eternal salvation-come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy.”

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:22 pm

It's a little bit of a drive, but my family has been taking our motors to Camp n Cruise since the early 80's. They've always done us right.