Banquet

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Chasin50

Banquet

Post by Chasin50 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:38 am

Want to congratulate the Banquet committee for an outstanding event. First, the venue was the best yet... I looked at this place several years ago and it looked good back then, so i am glad to see it worked out so well. I would highly recommend this place again, room layout was perfect and just the right size. The food was excellent! The staff was very helpful.

Having been on the other side, and understanding the potential for Chaos; if there was any, it didn't show at all. The event flowed very well.

I also really liked the DNR panel discussion. That was excellent. Great opportunity for people to interact with the people who decide the fate of the muskie in Michigan.

Seemed like people were spending money again... Good sign the economy is picking up. Hopefully the club did well!

Thanks again for a GREAT event!

pikerule2

Post by pikerule2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:16 am

That really was a fantastic banquet, the food, venue, how it was run, it looked to be doing very well on the fundraising, good new ideas worked in too (e.g. the games that helped raised funds but also were a good time and didn't take too long at all), it was just an overall great event.

Thanks very much to Jim, Will, Tim, Scott, Trevor, the DNR panel, all the spouses etc. who helped, and everyone else involved in making that one of the best banquets ever!

Slinger

Re: Banquet

Post by Slinger » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:19 am

[smilie=sign-iagree.gif]

Great venue, great food, great auction items... a terrific event all the way around.

I also feel the audience showed a genuine interest in the DNR panel discussion. From where I was sitting, I couldn't hear any kind of distracting noise or chatter like I've noticed in past banquets.

Outstanding job, gang!

ricky sox wrangler

Post by ricky sox wrangler » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:27 am

[smilie=2thumbsup.gif] Very impressed with everything! I will be back!
Rick

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:43 am

I would have to say the best one yet. Thanks to all the members who attended. Like Paul said about the DNR panel, maybe we should have them back every year cause there were a lot more questions that wanted to be asked and they could keep us informed of anything new.

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:51 am

Excellent job by all. Have not been in a while so it was nice to see everyone plus I got some sweet new baits!
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Awesome food!! Awesome people!!! Lets do it there next year, Mike and Michelle
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

http://www.fishall-lures.com

ricky sox wrangler

Post by ricky sox wrangler » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Steve S wrote:I would have to say the best one yet. Thanks to all the members who attended. Like Paul said about the DNR panel, maybe we should have them back every year cause there were a lot more questions that wanted to be asked and they could keep us informed of anything new.
I believe Will said that if there were any questions that weren't able to be asked, send them to him and he will try to get them answered.
Rick

Adam Minnick

Post by Adam Minnick » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Outstanding, full circle....good to see old friends and meet some new ones. Great job guys! [smilie=applause.gif]
"The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." FigureL8T

jasonvkop

Post by jasonvkop » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:34 am

Definitely the best banquet I've been too. The food was amazing, the room was perfect size, items were going for high prices, and the DNR panel was a great idea.
The Musky Bandit strikes again!

Smada962

Post by Smada962 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:20 am

I had a great time. I finally made it to my first banquet and will be sure to try to not miss another one. The food was real good and I won a few silent auction items I really wanted. Thanks to everyone who made it possible!
Ryan Adams

Yeah well ya know, that's just like, your opinion man

MattG_braith

Post by MattG_braith » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:33 am

Great time as always. Nice to meet some of you guys that I have not met before and always nice to talk muskies with everyone there. Those meatballs for dinner were pretty delicious as well. Also got some nice new rain gear so I wont be the soaking wet frozen guy at the Bruce this year and some baits that I hope will help us keep the IOC trophy in MMA's hands.
Matt

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 am

ricky sox wrangler wrote:
Steve S wrote:I would have to say the best one yet. Thanks to all the members who attended. Like Paul said about the DNR panel, maybe we should have them back every year cause there were a lot more questions that wanted to be asked and they could keep us informed of anything new.
I believe Will said that if there were any questions that weren't able to be asked, send them to him and he will try to get them answered.
Yes, if you have any questions that you would like answered let me know and I publish the Q/A in the newsletter.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.