Hey guys new to the forum/muskie fishing

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Bigfishhunter86

Hey guys new to the forum/muskie fishing

Post by Bigfishhunter86 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:56 am

Hey all I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I am a new muskie angler. So new that I have not had the privilage to catch one yet. I really thought that this site was an awesome opportunity to talk with people who have countless years of experience and maybe willing to share some advice. I grew up primarily fishing bass, and while that has its time and place, I want to fish for something bigger. I am from southwest michigan (Kalamazoo) I am looking for waters that have a decent Muskie population. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
I am very interested in pursing Muskie. I have grown up pretty much exclusively fishing for bass. I am now ready to make the switch so to speak. Tight lines everyone....

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:11 am

Howdy, great to have another musky angler on board. Here's one added bonus for you- you will start catching some of the biggest bass of your life on musky gear! Good bass anglers have a leg up on the musky curve

Larry Porter

Post by Larry Porter » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:24 am

I'm thinking your best investment is a membership in Muskies, Inc. The Michigan Chapter is Chapter 47. Membership will allow you to see not only what has worked nationally but also locally in the members only section of this website. I don't think you can go wrong there. Good luck!

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:24 am

Welcome! If you're just getting started, take a minute to look at our info/tips webpage: http://www.michiganmuskiealliance.org/tips.php for some good advice on what you'll need, and how to handle the fish.

Probably your closest muskie lake is Austin. Maybe PM mskyprey for some info...
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:40 am

Welcome. Definately consider officially joining MMA if you havn't already. The amount of information you can absorb through the members only forum area is invaluable and you will be supporting Michigan muskies as well! Some good options within an hour of K-zoo and a lot of MMA members in SW michigan as well. Good luck and keep in mind catching muskies can be really fricken hard, even for the guys with a lot of experience.