Fishing with other MMA members

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

spnplugger

Fishing with other MMA members

Post by spnplugger » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:50 pm

If you have been like me, and haven't fished with other MMA members, you probably are missing out on some vital information. I have spent hundreds of hours on Murray, but fishing with Jim tenHaaf yesterday taught me things about the lake I didn't know.

Next year, try to fish with others more. Doing so will hasten your growth. I'm not sure what I imparted to Jim, other then to stay home when the air temp is 26 degrees, with a windchill of 10! :grin:

Charlie

Jim tenHaaf

Re: Fishing with other MMA members

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21 pm

spnplugger wrote:If you have been like me, and haven't fished with other MMA members, you probably are missing out on some vital information.

Charlie
I agree! I think sometimes if you fish by yourself or with the same person a lot, you tend to get into some ruts. Fishing same spots, using same lures, etc. If you fish with someone else, maybe they'll let you in a spot that they've seen big fish where you never guessed to look.
spnplugger wrote: I have spent hundreds of hours on Murray, but fishing with Jim tenHaaf yesterday taught me things about the lake I didn't know.

Charlie
:oops: I'm sure it wasn't that much, Charlie! You probably learned it with Will on your trip with him, but maybe missed it
spnplugger wrote: I'm not sure what I imparted to Jim, other then to stay home when the air temp is 26 degrees, with a windchill of 10! :grin:

Charlie
Yes, it was a chilly one, but tolerable outside of the wind. [smilie=cold.gif] Trust me, Charlie, you've imparted more wisdom to me than you will ever realize!

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Agreed. I dont mind going it alone once in a while just to "get away from things" but when I fish with other MMA members, that now are some of my best buds, I always learn from them. Even little things like what color lure has been hot, or where they seen a good fish or even where they had a really good slice of pizza. There is alot to be said about comerodery and fellowship within this club. [smilie=2thumbsup.gif]
Now if I could only get one of ya to "learn" me a 50 incher......... [smilie=brows.gif]