Pere Marquette Salmon report 10/6 !!!

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Bryan Saenz

Pere Marquette Salmon report 10/6 !!!

Post by Bryan Saenz » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:19 pm

Hello all, one last Salmon report...haha
I fished the PM on tues night until weds afternoon. I was at the south branch...water is low and clear...and there are TONS OF FISH...and they are BIG BOYS...lol I seen a lot of steelies too !!! Holy balls did we rail the fish...lol I hooked up over 100 times..for real, hell i landed 27...no joke..
they are all over...Plus i hear the main branch is nuts with even more fish.
I don;'t eat fish, illergic to them..lol but i still love to fish, so i did toss all mine back, well one i kept a nice little 5 lber for my old man. If any of you are thinking of going, go now, I seen so many fish... I usualy hit about 15 spots on my lil trips, but i only fished one hole with beds behind it. Egg patterns were so HOTTTTTTTTT... i ran an egg with a black wooly bugger behind it and had about half the fish pass the wolly and grab the egg. I did foul hook a bunch, but hey like i said i dont keep them, so i pitched them back. I don't care if people snag, i wish they wouldnt dont get me wrong, but if people eat them, then it is ok with me, since they all die anyways, and no i dont want to get into the politics on this...lol But i did see about 10 people with tarpon rods with 100lb line ripping hens off beds, those are the a-holes i am not fond of, but what can you do. if you say something, now a days you dont know if someone is packing so you might get a bullet in your arss...lol I did see a few dnr officers, so if your a ripper ..lol keep ur eyes open.. Have a good one Peeps !!!