sanford twitching for the big boys

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Bryan Saenz

sanford twitching for the big boys

Post by Bryan Saenz » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:11 pm

Hi there all,

I just got in from a quick trip to Sanford after work. Got on the lake at 5pm and got off at around 745pm. No other boats at the Marina, and it was a glass flat lake too, kinda cool, but all in all nice. I began using my go to twitch bait around the mouth of 2nd fill in front of varity cove. Right across from it, the big weed flat, worked waters in the 6-3ft range with good weedy areas. Popping my bait through on 3rd cast got a nice little 20" pike. Kept working weed edge heading south and landed 2 monster bass, one smally and one large. I tell you what, you want to catch big bass, chuck a 7" or bigger rapala through the weeds. Moved down past the marina, and began to work a weed area that i raised 2 musky on a few days ago. I tried a suick and got it going all over hell, it surfaced and i had what i think was a nice big pike slam into it, but i fumbled the rod when he did this 6 ft from the boat scaring me..haha so I did not get a hook set..
I did raise a BIG fish on the suick...BIG...like 45" ++ my jaw hit the water and i wanted to cry..lol He may have been smaller then 45" but it looked huge.. I tried a smitty jerkbait...verdict, they suck..lol I did raise one other fish before leaving and it was BIG also, about a 4-5lb largemouth on a perch color shallow invader. I am trying again sunday morning, then again monday night, with a friend. If anyone is going out on those days, would like to chat about lures tricks, and other spots if anyone is interested? _ have a great one guys -- Bryan