sanford lures???

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Bryan Saenz

sanford lures???

Post by Bryan Saenz » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:32 pm

Hi there fello's,

I use a lot of different lures throughout the musky season, but certain lures more then others, like most people. But There are a few in my box I was curious how they would work on the lake, has anyone had success on Sanford with Suicks? Or maybe like Eddie Baits or Burts? Right now the twitch bite is hot, I keep going to bigger baits as I am catching a lot of pike in the 19-30" range on 7" - 12" lures..crazy when you catch a 6lb smallmouth on a 9" grandma.. Also, i did run into some guys who have been gettin a ton of crappies, and see me hook a musky last night about 8pm in front of the Sanford Lake Marina in 'pike alley". They stopped by after they seen it shake the hook and were like "man, too bad you couldn't have got him in, gotta kill those things, they eat all the crappies"..yea i know..I was like...umm let me tell you a few things about fishing...lol But What that guy and the guy with him don't get, since they had 2 buckets packed with all size crappies is that, when you take that many it kinda hurts the population also...I am a 26 year old going on 6, but come on, what about selective harvest??? I haven't fished Budd Lake in quite a while, cause the fish get pounded by jet skiers and boaters in the tiny lake, anyone do any good there lately? - Hit me up _ Bryan (blue and white 17ft crestliner - if you see me hollar and we can chat)

Scrappy

Post by Scrappy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:27 am

Hey Brian:

You and I spoke about 2 weeks ago, I have that new Ranger 621. I personally can never get a suick to work correctly however I've had fairly decdent success on Big Daddys on Sanford. A Big Daddy is a cross between a suick and a Bobbie. They work about 5 to 6 feet down and I throw them a lot in the stump fileds on Sanford.

brian k

Post by brian k » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:53 pm

Hay scrappy,do you live on sanford,whats it like,any big fish in there

brian k

Post by brian k » Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:59 pm

Hay Brian,Iv just put a 46" in the boat to weeks ago usein a suick,and only seen one outher in the past on one,by the way nice boat,have one just like it

Scrappy

Post by Scrappy » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:16 am

Brian K:

Heard you popped a nice one last weekend, congrats. Got a picture? If so bring it this weekend or at the tourney. Sounds like I should have been on Sanford (or St. Clare trolling for sturgeon like Will) instead of Georgian Bay with Bomba last weekend but he and I had a blast anyway.

lefty

Post by lefty » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:57 pm

Scrappy,will be out in the am on sat,no pieture just yet,but have it dow loeded,have a e/male can send it,can get it in the am.she was a fat 46 by 10 at 1:30 pm :D