sanford musky trip over labor day

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Bryan Saenz

sanford musky trip over labor day

Post by Bryan Saenz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:32 pm

Hi there
I got 4 on monday labor day. All after 5pm, all in same spot, it was crazy, and all on same lure. Go Topraider..haha Biggest was 43" with 35" and 28" 21" and a nice bonus 18" pike. all in about 4-10foot of water in front of that nice tan log type house over near bridge. the 43" and 35" no kidding both came on figure 8's...well i make aggressive circles instead of figure 8's and got them on it. The 28" jumped about 3 - 4 foot out of water and missed the bait, 2nd cast same spot he nailed it. Anyway guys, I am launching around 4-5pm Friday night this week with a buddy and we are going to try a few more spots, we did fish till about midnight and had other hits, but I was tough as the bugs were eating us up pretty good. All in all this summer has rocked on Sanford, Having got a pretty good share of fish, and having a lot more then ever show themselves. I talked to a very cool musky guy over the wknd as well, and he talked about C and R on Sanford. I seen a few more pontoons tied off to the bridge using suckers and bluegills ..lol I made my way over there and said hi, they had not gotten any fish,..lol thank goodness, more then likely would have killed them. So how can I personally go about talking sense into the people who are out to just kill musky on Sanford "cause the eat all the crappie"?? Hell I have even emailed Pete Maina and he said just consult the DNR about length limits, making them longer, or not being able to keep any fish, total catch and release. So i don't know, it can be such a sticky topic, i want to fish and not make a bunch of people mad, but still want to be able to catch those fish..lol - Bryan