gas prices

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Will Gas prices affect how much you fish?

No fishing as much as I would normally
42%
yes leaving boat parked until prices come down
No votes
yes, will fish but very limited time and staying close to home
58%

Total votes: 19

Bomba

gas prices

Post by Bomba » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:39 am

Will gas prices affect how much you fish the rest of the year??
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:41 am

I already have trips and long weekends planned along with the shootout
and I don't plan on cutting any of them out because of fuel prices.....
I guess I'll pay alot more to fish..... :evil:
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

Hamilton Reef

Post by Hamilton Reef » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:50 am

I'm on SS-disability very limited income. I make one trip year statewide for musky. Last year it was to LSC to get skunked. Two years ago to Lac Macatawa to get skunked. That's why I'm such a promoter of reintroducing the native GLS muskies back to Muskegon and White Lakes. Fortunately I live on the White River with fishing and hunting right out my back door. White Lake and Lake Michigan are near by. My gas is used for local neighborhood errands or fishery projects.

Hamilton Reef

Post by Hamilton Reef » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:51 am

Hamilton Reef

Post by Hamilton Reef » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:17 pm

We have Amish communities in our area and I often see fishing rods poking out of the carriages. I once noticed a picture of a carriage with a sign. "Energy efficient vehicle: Runs on oats and grass. Caution: Do not step in exhaust." However in our MMA the following may be more true: "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach him to fish musky and the next thing you know he'll want a Esox Mag boat and an RV to pull it!"

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:40 pm

Yep, I’ve already altered plans due to gas prices at $3.19+. My trips to St Clair will be limited and the lakes that I have left relatively untouched, within an hour of home, will start to feel my presence.

I'm thinking about putting a "will guide for gas money" sign on the side of my boat...
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

NSTAGATOR

Post by NSTAGATOR » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:34 pm

Bomba get out your CREDIT CARD noW !!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Gas prices won`t stop me,but a fall trip is definetly OUT for a long drive(nothin planned).LSC is OUT.local lakes,sanford trip,and kzoo area lakes,being targeted.

Might get cabin feverfor 2-3 days in the u.p or wisc in late oct/nov??Depends on how much CREDIT I have available.. :shock: :shock: :oops:

Dave

Oh...that`s right Don.....with that double income coming in your sitten on stacks of 100`s$$$$$ and you have your new lund proV ordered :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats the NASTAGATOR we love and miss.....Where you
been hiding?
Nope no boat, but I was thinking about a new truck until gas hit 3.39 here yesterday...Wonder how well an economy car can pull my boat...?
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

MuskyDan

Post by MuskyDan » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:52 pm

ford ranger with a 4 cyl. 5 speed stick will pull it cheap to lake of the woods.
MuskyDan

NSTAGATOR

Post by NSTAGATOR » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:54 am

One of our truck drivers said yesterday at Ryder trucks"WE MAY NOT have gas for you by mid week next week!!!!!!".We normally get gased up with roun 200 gallons......they only put 50 gallons in !!!!!One driver that needed to get back home to texas was told he wasn`t on the priority list to get gas,and he blew a gasket and nearly turned into a fist fight!!!!They gave him a LITTLE.WTF !!!!

Between natural dissasters,terrorisim,people goin wacko,....is the world coming to a end???

This is where I stand on how much money$$I`ll blow just to fish...

If I can`t fish for a day for under 50 bucks...that`s where I draw the line.(gas in boat,truck gas,lunch,grandpa`s..lol..)Gas in boat...no big deal..maybe 20$..get`s you roun 6 gallons,30 bucks in the truck..get`s you about 150 miles,which get`s you striking distance from GR of ovid,bankson/austin,Mac/murray ,campau.

No way am I goin to LSC to eat BUGS and go through 60-80$ of truck gas,and another 40-50$of boat gas to fill up for big water=120$day just to fish....

Just my thoughts...

DU 8)

finlander

going to cost me...

Post by finlander » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:42 am

I'm leaving for Ontario in 15 days. My planned pit stops are Muskegon, gaylord/Vanderbilt, the Soo and finally Espanola on da way back. Canada is priced by the litre, like $1.10 per or close to that. Right now it's not the price that worries me but the availibility. I don't know if I'll have da room in the back for 2-5 gallon jugs of extra gas. Wood-TV stated that there is a pipe line now open from the gulf coast to the Detroit area. That will help some. Haven't been to Ontario since 2003. Very eager to return. :D

NSTAGATOR

Post by NSTAGATOR » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:47 am

Fin....where you goin in ontario???

Dave :?:

finlander

ontario

Post by finlander » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:38 pm

Wife and I are going to Birch Island Lodge. Third trip there in four years. McGregor Bay, Bay of Islands, Bay Fein, Fraser Bay. Alot of rocks, shoals. A couple of Muskie Canada guys were there a week ago. Caught about 8 or 9, up to 51". Both trolling and casting. Seems I go up with more knowledge than the previous trip, and more lures too! Fishing for 5 days.

muskyguy

gas prices

Post by muskyguy » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:03 pm

A tank full of gas for the truck......$70.00

A tank full of gas for the boat.......$175.00

Patent for the first bicycle able to tow a Ranger 621....... $9500.00

Watching the gas man get swallowed whole by the one that everyone has seen, but always gets away

.....................PRICELESS!

GREG
GREG

Phil

Re: gas prices

Post by Phil » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:17 pm

Bomba wrote:Will gas prices affect how much you fish the rest of the year??
When they get to UK prices of around $8.00 a gallon then worry!