Boat Rental

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Jim tenHaaf

Boat Rental

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Does anyone know of a rental place that actually rents out the boat, motor, and trailer for a week or so?

edalz

Re: Boat Rental

Post by edalz » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:51 pm

Jim tenHaaf wrote:Does anyone know of a rental place that actually rents out the boat, motor, and trailer for a week or so?
I think that Lake Ovid rents boats but I have never heard of a place that would rent the whole boat and trailer.
"I wish ignorance was painful".

Chuck S.

B/M/T

Post by Chuck S. » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Jim,

I don't know if this is at all helpful, but a few years ago a place on Hamlin Lake rented nice fishing boats with dependable motors for use there. Hamlin is a good fishing lake but not yet for muskies obviously. That came in handy because I pulled my travel trailer there to the State Park so couldn't take the boat.

You may want to try D & R Sports in Kazoo (Randy VanDam's place). They may be able to do something like a B/M/T rental or know if it's possible somewhere.
Chuck

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'm actually asking for a friend of mine. He's taking a week vacation to Tippy Dam. He's going to set up camp on some island there. They rent out boats locally there, but only on a day to day basis.