Gapens Baits...polish perch.etc...

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

NSTAGATOR

Gapens Baits...polish perch.etc...

Post by NSTAGATOR » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:07 pm

Hey lookin into some of gapens polish pike,perches,etc..Super lookin finishes..pretty expensive...and I hear that theyBREAK !! Or crack.Any dirt on these baits??

What the hell is "constructed of blown peafoam??

Dave :?: :?

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:21 pm

DU, I've seen two break, one on a dock, barley hit it and it shattered,
the other blew up on a northern, cracked and hooks pulled out..
I'll never buy one...... :roll:
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

MuskyTom

Post by MuskyTom » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:39 pm

Last year a buddy of mine bought one at Ye Olde Tackle in North Webster Indiana and they told him that at least 80% of the large Polish Perch were sent back because the lips would fall out. But now I think they fixed that defect but I don't know for sure. They sure do look nice though.
Tom

Kingfisher

Gapens polish lures

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:48 pm

Hi Guys, Queenie and I bought two at ye olde tackle shop. First cast the wife has up a very big fish,chased the lure thru three figure 8's no strike. Second cast the diving lip breaks off when the lure hits the water. Very poor lip design. Ye olde Tackle shop replaced it. I am going to try replacing the bills with lexan after they break. They sure look good but if they bust up they are not worth a dollar. Im sure Gapens is not pleased with this lures durability and improvments are coming. They will move big fish as we have seen. Kingfisher

casedy

Polish Pike

Post by casedy » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:57 pm

I bought the Polish Pike and had the lip/half of the head break off. Very disappointing! It looks just like a baby pike in the water. Oh well.
"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." ---- Ben Franklin

-Mike

NSTAGATOR

thanx

Post by NSTAGATOR » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:38 am

Thanx guys I`ll save my money $$$Man are the cool lookin...maybe I`ll get one just for the desk top at work.lol....

DU :shock: