St.Marys to munuscong to st.joseph channel help!

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Steve Horton

Post by Steve Horton » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:18 am

It is the true the river can be treacherous and must be respected. I have towed a quite a few people off the river.......some were shivering and greatful for the coke and candy bar. Really, it doesn't matter where you are on the Great Lakes caution should be used at all times and the river is no exception. That is probably way better advice than where to fish. Nstagator, I'll agree with Will. Its part of the fun to explore and learn on your own but I'll also admit its nice to have a few pointers too. Forget trolling through the herring. You'll just make the herring fisherman mad that you're pushing the schools around. Rimer (the guide) does troll structure exclusively and it works for him. I hate it. Going against what everyone says about the river, I prefer to cast. Best advice would be to troll through munuscong (dude......get a chart and look at it - this should be priority number one to find structure and get you back alive) until you find structure, mark a few spots, then go back and slow roll big spinnerbaits over the structure and open water out to about 12- 14 ft. Its really not rocket science just muskie fishing on big water.

NSTAGATOR

steve

Post by NSTAGATOR » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:32 am

Thanx Steve,thanx for all the advice,I now have a game plan down,which amazingly was along the same lines as what you said.Safety first.I was out in the middle of munuscong with tiny bubbles and a 8 horse merc...lol..Snd the coast guard came up to us...like what the hell are you doin out here???LOL...Amazingly we made it back about 8 miles..and forgot to tell the wife that I was REAL LOW on petrol.....lol.

Thanx everyone !!
Dave 8)