Hudson Lake Article

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

MuskyTom

Hudson Lake Article

Post by MuskyTom » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:45 pm

In the Kalamazoo Gazette on Saturday in the outdoors section, there was an article about the egg take at Hudson Lake and a picture of the 43-pounder. They mentioned the number of muskies planted at just over 22,000 and another 7,500 that the DNR got from Iowa. I know they came from money raised by the MMA but the author evidently didn't have all the information because no credit was given. It would have been nice to see some credit given to the MMA for the hard work that has been done to increase the number of muskies planted each year. Anyway, if someone can find it on-line, I am sure it would be interesting to post on our forum.
MuskyTom

MuskyTom

Article

Post by MuskyTom » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:10 pm

Here is the address for the article but not the picture:
http://www.mlive.com/outdoors/statewide ... 225140.xml

Kingfisher

Big Fish

Post by Kingfisher » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:26 pm

Hey Tom wheres the picture? I couldnt find a pic of her. Kingfisher

Hoginator

Post by Hoginator » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:42 pm

Marc and I saw the fish the next day in the water. It is a monster. Also talked and saw pictures of it and other fish with a DNR person. All other fish are small under 20 incher. No one will want to fish there. Not many fish........and also 2 many jet skies......
"Catch a Babe, Throw a Hoginator"

Hamilton Reef

Post by Hamilton Reef » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:08 am

If you want this article for permanent record, then you needed to copy paste the whole article and save it in a neater format for filing. The MLive news links are only up for limited time (usually 14 days). After that the articles are erased. The other downside of MLive newspapers is they are too cheap to post pictures online.