2005 Season

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

MuskyPimp

2005 Season

Post by MuskyPimp » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:41 pm

With each of us in different boats figuratively, as to time we fish or can fish, waters we fish, and experience, what are your aspirations for this season.

FISH Do you set goals for number of fish you should or would like to catch, a certain size of fish you are out to catch or top, a number of fish larger than" X" inches.

WATER Do you have goals as to bodies of water? Will you try to learn a new lake, master one lake, fish a different type of body of water be it river, larger lake, smaller lake, clear, dirty/fertile lake, fish as many different lakes as possible, fish atleast "Y " new lakes this year?

TIME Is there are certain amount of days/hours you are shooting for to target muskies? or just fishing in general?

FISHING Any lure presentaion(or lure) you are going to try or try and master this year or catch a fish on? Are you out to try to troll/cast more this year? Are you hoping to fish with different people or possibly take a certain person fishing? Hoping to fish a certain event(s)?
David Anderson

The more we count the blessings we have, the less we crave the luxuries we don't have - William Ward

NSTAGATOR

Post by NSTAGATOR » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:33 pm

Hey David,

Fish=Need a 50" fish,numbers not as interested in as ,more fish in the 40-45"range.

Water=Fish some new smaller lakes.Get to LSC twice.Fish some naturally reproducing non stocked lakes .

Time=more night fishing on weeknights.Fishing time in general..go when you can,but don`t make it a job on weekends.And fish with some new people.

Presentation=catch a fish on a LIVE action bait....dawg etc..Catch a fish on topwater at dusk or after dark.Catch a over 40"fish on a fig 8

DAve :evil:

Kingfisher

Goals

Post by Kingfisher » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:40 pm

Last year Queenie and I had a great season with 98 total fish with each of us getting a nice 47", we got awards for divisional wins and each caught over 10, 40" fish . We fished 23 different lakes and spent over 12,000.00 dollars in Lures ,Gas, motels and repairs. Burned out a brand new trailor axle in one season. We will not be repeating ha ha ha . Our goals for 2005 are simple. Fish for big fish. I doubt I will catch 10 Muskies all season. Im after a 40 lber. We plan on fishing only waters where they live. Our trips will be few and far between. We have two planned to the Upper pen returning to some big fish we saw there last year. Planning on Mullet,Black, Torch, Sanford,Detroit river and St. Claire. Hoping for a possible trip to Buffalo Harbour . I would like to follow Capt. Larry Jones around for a weekend but probably wont get there this year. There are some very big fish in Erie. Kingfisher

Walt Clinansmith

Post by Walt Clinansmith » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:49 pm

I am going to fish hard with a positive attitude and a little thought, and all will be well with the world!
I am planning on hitting the French,Cheboygan, and Black rivers this year. Other than those it will be Sanford, Ovid, and Bellville as often as possible. :wink:

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:20 pm

1.) Pound the Tubby Bitch hard all night and all day.
2.) Catch the elusive breakwall fatty rod-bender.
3.) Put one in the boat on Noonan-(mmmmmiss it!)
4.) Have you put hooks into the fatty of the trough.
5.) 16 hour drifts and administration of the cheddar and other safromage.
6.) Get rid of all crappy baits I do not like.
7.) Fish more with baits fish havent seen 798 versions of.
8.) Complete production of the Willgle.
9.) Extensively test your netting ability.
10.) Buy Hooker on fall trip.
Kevin

MuskyDan

Post by MuskyDan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:02 pm

Alrighty then Cyberlunge!! I wish I knew what you were talking about. My goal is to enjoy myself this summer. Play in the new boat and get it rigged the way I want it. Catch fish in all four to the lakes in the Tit chain. Figure out something consistant on Sanford, and hook up with a couple of different people to fish with. Also hit a 50 incher in MI, MN, ONT, and KY. I don't think that is asking to much.
MuskyDan

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:25 pm

Dont strain your brain too hard Dan, most of that gibberish only means something to the guy who started the post. LONG hours in the boat result in many "private jokes" as Im sure you well know.
Kevin

MuskyDan

Post by MuskyDan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:32 pm

enough said!!!

I wouldn't mind getting up to fish with you boy's this summer sometime.

Today actually marks my last day of college, and Friday is my last day of student teaching. Two interviews lined up so far, we'll see where they go.
MuskyDan

MuskyPimp

Post by MuskyPimp » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:34 pm

Kevin-I think I may have ruptured my spleen! :lol: lol
I hope the tubby bitch is well rested, as for Noonan he may be retired to the wall of shame early this season. My recommendation for cheese this year is Carre de l'Est a soft, moist and elastic cow milk cheese from France, it has a smoky-bacon flavor with a hint of mushroom avalible in washed rind or penicilin mould crust, "C'est Fromage!"

My goals are not to demanding this year after the bitch slapping I took last year.

I really don't need a 50" but hope to top 46" with atleast three fish this year and also one multiple fish day.

Concentraiting on two bodies of water for the majority of fishing this year. One is still a mystery with a very low population the other I have only fished a few times for muskie and hope to learn it inside and out.

I set a goal this year that I will fish more days than you can count on two hands. :x

I am going to try to make one or two MMA events this year. Hopefully hook up with some other muskie freaks up north(residing or visiting) and take my congressman out and let him hook a ski.

Oh and also I will net a 30#er on the prototype of the willgle.
David Anderson

The more we count the blessings we have, the less we crave the luxuries we don't have - William Ward

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:20 pm

OK, I'll bite...

What is a willgle?

I kinda like the name...
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:47 pm

As some of ya might know,king and queenfisher have taken the kid under
their wing a little.Im going to give Talonz lures a fair shake along with
a handfull of other lures they recommended.One thing about the Kings,
Its not just about "their" lures,its about what has worked for them over
the years.Im excited again.My goals,simple:Have a good,relaxing season
and catch a few muskies.10+ would be nice and anything over 47" gets
replicated.
O ya,one more thing....to kick steve syrja's azz!!!!!!!!!GOOO BLUE!!

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:24 pm

OK Will I ran it through legal and they said I could disclose certain aspects of this "SUPERBAIT".
It will Be a low riding bait the size of a two liter bottle, It will displace enough water to empty the St. Clair river in a single twitch. It is made of wood from trees growing on the banks of the river of denial and loaded with moon rocks for exact specifications. Production is currently scheduled to take place at underground laboratories in area 51.
The color scheme will be a repeating scale pattern of small photographs of a certain fish club president who seems to attract muskies much as drosophilia is attracted to detritus. This pattern has proven to attract any and all muskies in a cubic mile of water, however the bait will exclude all fish under 65 pounds due to its enormous size. The production will be limited to eleven baits per year and those will be given to people who already catch many more fish than the rest of us. There will be 865 different colors although the predominant scheme will be "Andy Warhol". after an introductory period during which ALL fishermen will clamour to own them they will be displayed at shows nationwide with "sold out" signs adorning the display tables. Production will then go into full swing making upwards of 73 baits yearly which will be sold on Ebay for three times the actual value. It will come in two sizes "Loch-ness" and "Yeti" and fish everywhere will tremble at its mention. Ultimately it is doomed to become the subject of endless debate and eventually fade into memory as the bait that "could've made a difference". As the riots sweep parts of the Midwest being especially bad in Minnesota and Wisconsin all Willgles will be removed from the market by the US government and stored at Fort Knox. They will then only be traded to other countries in exchange for their nuclear arms due to their extreme value and rareness. I as the inventor and patent holder will retire to my dirt floored cabin in Montana and publish endless doctrines about the government and their plot to destroy all Willgles. Most of the country never having actually seen one will consider me brilliant but insane as I fade into obscurity. The campfire stories about eighty pound muskies will be told for eternity as names like Detloff, Heiting, and Ramsell are mentioned again and again... Pictures of "alleged" Willgles will surface at different times and people will talk of one that was found buried in someones garage. National Willgle Day will be celebrated by all Musky heads "un-officially" every opening day for the rest of time.
I just want a Damn weagle am I asking that much?
Kevin

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:26 pm

Dan -your on- plan on the last two weeks in July sometime.
Kevin

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:57 pm

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read.

You know, I hear they make medication for us...
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

LeMay

Post by LeMay » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:57 pm

So how do I get one of these Willgle's? Do they heve a web page? Or a catalog to see what one looks like. Man if they getting 80lb Muskies in the Grand River I need one. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: