What if Opening day was this weekend???????

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Hoginator

What if Opening day was this weekend???????

Post by Hoginator » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:54 am

With this great weather we are having this weekend, what would you of done? Would you of even went? How long do you think you would of stayed? Do you think you would of caught anything?

I would of went for a few hours, froze and probably not caught a thing. But at least tried.
"Catch a Babe, Throw a Hoginator"

NSTAGATOR

Went

Post by NSTAGATOR » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:21 am

Mike and me went to webster,along with ice,bomba,and musky Dan.Cool ..fitst time on webster,having only fished tippy w/Tom and Ice.

Now I know why they call it webby..Between the two boats over 50 follows,aroung 8 fish in the boat.Miserable weather friday,but nothing to what we woke up to saturday..high tailed it home and said screw it 38 degrees snow and 40mph winds.

Nothing real huge caught or seen,Mikey got a 41,ice and musky Dan some 39`s,and some other 31~s,30,etc..and dinks.

Fish were movin on white.Small phantoms,Mike lost/caught 3 or 4 fish on white tiger tubes,and ss shads were gettin fish trollin.Rumors of a 51 X 28 caught fri.morn???

Water 58-60..clear

Dave :evil:

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:19 am

Got all the yard work done last weekend, mainly getting all the leaves up. So I figured I'd get the boat ready this weekend, shrink-wrap off, batteries charged, all the junk put in. What have I done, NOTHING!! This sucks. Plus weve been working alot of overtime latley on the weekends, hate to give that money up. Were supposed to work next weekend, been thinking about that and going out on Sunday, hate to miss opening day. Yeah if this was opening weekend and had the boat ready, I would have been one of the fools out there. Would have done the same thing as you, stayed out for a little while and caught nothing! Your damed if you do and damed if you don't.
Steve

Wet A Line!

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:40 pm

I had another great day at the King's muskie ranch.Ill trade a day on the
water for a day at thier house anytime.

Kingfisher

The Ranch

Post by Kingfisher » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:44 pm

It must have been the Tacos. he he he Kingfisher

John E. Sox

Post by John E. Sox » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:16 pm

I was thinking about that very questiion this weekend and decided that I would not make the trip below the bridge to fish in a 30 mph wind. I have been skunked way too many times on early season trips in big post frontal winds to make it worth the travel. Guess I do have a little sanity.