Long Lake Travers City

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

mattman

Long Lake Travers City

Post by mattman » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:28 am

I heard some big muskie have been pulled outta Long Lake. Im going up there on the 2nd through the 10th. Just wondering if anyone fished for muskie there of know any info on it

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:41 am

They are there however due to overharvest it is extremely low density. You may have better odds seeing a sasquatch in that neck of the woods.

swanezy
Site Admin

Post by swanezy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Sounds squatchy

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:36 pm

There are a few however it is an intimidating lake to fish and it is quite warm right now. If you go fish at night or extremely early and don't go high speed until you know where all the sandbars are. There are spots in that lake where it goes from 45 to 4.5 inches in 20 feet. The fish tend to follow incredibly deep and shoot in at the last second so don't get lazy on your eights. Personally I wont fish it during the summer for two reasons, one the boat traffic is hell on earth most days and I don't want some chuckle head seeing me catch a fish and the other is usually water temp. Good luck if you try it, Walleyes and Smallies are plentiful there if you get bored.
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?

Adam Minnick

Post by Adam Minnick » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:11 pm

Sounds REAL squatchy......
"The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." FigureL8T

Chris Musselman

Post by Chris Musselman » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:12 pm

I live 5 mins from the launch and I will drive 2.5 hrs to fish any other water; if that tells you anything.
If I'm not going to catch fish. I might as well not be catching Muskies...

mattman

Post by mattman » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:55 am

thanks for the info. I have been going up there my whole life and know the lake pretty well. I was just wondering if it would be worth bringing up my muskie stuff. personally I get sick of walleye and bass fishing all the time, and casting big muskie baits would take my mind off drifting for panfish :roll: . I hate panfish and I hate drifting.lol