MDNR Seeking Public Opinion on Proposed Muskie Reg Changes

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

spnplugger

MDNR Seeking Public Opinion on Proposed Muskie Regulation

Post by spnplugger » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:48 am

Attended the Belmont meeting last evening. Will, Matt & myself represented MMA. There were two other men there for the pike regs. Good information, but I was surprised by lack of attendance. Apparently that has been the norm in these public meetings. The online surveys have received several thousand entries in each category.

Charlie

Hamilton Reef

Re: MDNR Seeking Public Opinion on Proposed Muskie Regulatio

Post by Hamilton Reef » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:26 pm

spnplugger wrote:The online surveys have received several thousand entries in each category.
That's your answer with the price of gas. I put on over 800 miles last week attending DNR fishery meetings and several other meetings between Lansing, Grayling, Benton Harbor, and meetings in between. It is good MMA was covering Belmont meeting.

LonLB

Post by LonLB » Sat May 19, 2012 9:38 am

A little late in doing so but took the survey and left a note.

Key points for me are that much more strict regulations may not be popular in the short term, but it is hard to argue with success of Minnesota/Canada musky fisheries, and the tourism that brings. Both having stricter regulations than MI.

The major key point to me, that I didn't put in my note-Fisherman CAN NOT be relied upon to make good management decisions. Guys simply believe if it is legal then it is OK.

It is NOT OK to keep/kill everything that the regulation book says you can. INCLUDING BLUE GILL on same lakes/certain times of the year.

Duke

Post by Duke » Wed May 23, 2012 10:10 am

3 days left you make your voice heard!!! If you know anyone remotely interested that hasn't commented PLEASE get them on board, or help them do it, or whatever!

Preliminary results/polling of certain individuals have stated that the public comments may be the final push that swings certain regulations aspects- one way or another. This is important