A silver lining at Gander Mtn

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Esoxonthefly

A silver lining at Gander Mtn

Post by Esoxonthefly » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:43 pm

I stopped by the Lansing Gander today and saw that they appear to be bringing back some muskie lures. Not a huge selection by any means but the shelves were marked for TopRaiders, Buchertails, Dawgs and even some quick strike rigs. They already had some Mepps musky killers out. I also saw their GSX muskie rod which looked like an updated version of their tournament extreme rods they had a few years ago. Maybe the guy that runs that store is getting his head out of his [smilie=brows.gif]
"I once heard of a guy that caught a 70" muskie weighing 80 lbs...."

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:33 pm

It seems to come and go there. For awhile they had some Harvo lures, and at another time some Leo's, and another, some Storm's. Last year, they had few muskie rods at all. Two years ago, they had quite a few. It ebbs and flows.

Sounds like the pendulum has swung towards the good, for now... [smilie=2thumbsup.gif]
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

Chris Musselman

Post by Chris Musselman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:50 pm

Dicks in the Meridian Mall has a better selection than that don't they?
If I'm not going to catch fish. I might as well not be catching Muskies...

Esoxonthefly

Post by Esoxonthefly » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Yeah but Okemos is a 45 minute+ drive for me and Gander is like 15.
"I once heard of a guy that caught a 70" muskie weighing 80 lbs...."

Hamilton Reef

Post by Hamilton Reef » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Chris Musselman wrote:Dicks in the Meridian Mall has a better selection than that don't they?
This is a bit of track, but I found out is Dick's does not honor their sale prices between the stores. I gathered some up some Grandmas being phased out, the clerk called another Dick's store with the baits on sale, and after they confirmed I was right, they refused to honor the sale prices. Another Dick's trick is to advertise little cleos on sale and then after you drive to the store they note only the one color is on sale, it is out of stock, and all the other little cleos are not on sale. Stay away from the Dick's.

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Went to the new Dick's in Ann Arbor, it sucks. All they care about is selling clothes like Cabelas!!