Know the difference sign at Tahquamenon

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Tom Stinson

Know the difference sign at Tahquamenon

Post by Tom Stinson » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 am

Last week My family and I were at the Tahquamenon lower falls. We were walking down to rent a boat to go to island and walked by the Know the difference sign. I thought thats cool, but is that needed here? 20 minutes later I am pulling the row boat up to the island to see a young boy around 13 years old running towards me with a small muskie in his hand that he had just caught. I asked him if he knew what he had there, and he said its a muskie, and he just wanted to show his dad and then he would let it go. He also said he wished it was a pike so he could keep it. The fish made it back in the water, and slowly swam off. While he was releasing the fish, another women was talking to my wife saying how her family was up there fishing also, and that her family studied the signs so they would'nt accidentally keep a muskie. So the signs make a difference . Thanks to whoever put that sign up there.

Tom

Esoxonthefly

Post by Esoxonthefly » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:41 am

I was up there and saw the sign too. Glad to see it worked
"I once heard of a guy that caught a 70" muskie weighing 80 lbs...."

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Thanks for sharing that Tom. Stories like that make it all worth the effort!!
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Nice ! I think Many of those were placed through group effort with our DNR friends up there.
Kevin
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Awesome!!

Walt Clinansmith

Post by Walt Clinansmith » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:30 pm

My son Jacob caught a 12 inch muskie fly fishing from 16 inches of water in one of the pools there.

MuskyPimp

Post by MuskyPimp » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks for sharing that Tom. Stories like that make it all worth the effort!!
Amen Brother!
Nice ! I think Many of those were placed through group effort with our DNR friends up there.
I believe that is one of the original signs, so I don't know who to give credit to.., but I do know John E. Sox and Steve Horton pretty much covered the entire Upper between the two of them.

I'm sure by now the Dollarville sign has been horked, but one was placed there (again) a couple of weeks ago.

p.s. See Cyberlunge there was at the very least some sort of success on the excursion.

Snootches!
David Anderson

The more we count the blessings we have, the less we crave the luxuries we don't have - William Ward