Night Fishing

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

DGF

Night Fishing

Post by DGF » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:45 pm

The most convenient time for me to fish is the evening which presents it's own set of challenges on top of locating fish. I'm looking for advice, do's and don'ts, tactics, favorite structure, etc. that you feel have helped you land fish in the evening.

Lets hear it!
-Dan

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Dan, did you check out the latest issue of MUSKIE from Muskies Inc.? There is a good article in there written by Tony Grant on night fishing. That will give you answers to all of your questions. Except for the structure part. As far as that goes, I've had good luck just fishing all the normal structure you would during the day. Right up onto the dropoffs/weed edges.

DGF

Post by DGF » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks Jim, I just checked it out. Definately a good read.
-Dan

detroithardcore

Post by detroithardcore » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Well, #1 advice if nightfishing LSC is be ultra prepared for Mayfly hatch coming on strong, many other bugs and whatever else is flying around. Seems you just can't outrun them anywhere on that lake, especially when little to no wind. It's gotten to point at times where I've had to quit fishing b/c the mayflys were so bad! They'll cover your sonar units and completely cover you and the boat. You need one of those "bee suits" to fight through it. Find the best most lethal bug spray you can find and cover up as much as possible. Just the other day it was so bad at times that you had to make a run just to get out of swarm.

The rest of the guys will give you fish related tips but just be prepared for the bugs if you fish LSC. It can be a true nightmare if not prepared.
Scott