Swim Whiz

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

MuskyTom

Swim Whiz

Post by MuskyTom » Tue May 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Does anyone use the Swim Whiz? I stopped in at the new manufacturer's between Mattawan and Paw Paw a couple weeks ago and the guy who runs it was a really nice guy and gave me a couple lures that he rejected for paint defect. I bought a couple with no defects for myself also. If you want any more info, let me know. He said Musky Hunter is going to do an article in the next few months on them. I will be getting back in the MMA soon and will talk to him about donating some lures to the club.

Mus-ski-poor

swim whiz

Post by Mus-ski-poor » Tue May 03, 2011 6:35 pm

I think you will find one or two in most muskie hunters boats. These baits started in the 1950s Homer LeBlanc I think. The believer is similar I think it has a little different action. Keeping them tuned is the key . Big Bear Products produces them now. Over all good lure.

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Tue May 03, 2011 7:39 pm

I like em. Wernt they made in Rockford MI for a while?

RadDawg

Post by RadDawg » Tue May 03, 2011 8:14 pm

That is correct Kid.

pikerule2

Post by pikerule2 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:54 pm

Hey Tom, welcome back and let's get after those biotches this year! I have a few Swim Whiz baits in with the Believers, they seem about the same in action to me but I'm not sure. One thing I like is the Swim Whiz baits I have, including one new one from the new manufacturer, actually had their paint jobs hold up better than the Believers I've used, including a couple that had paint fall off fast.

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Tue May 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Solid models are a great twitch bait in weeds - very under used!
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.