After much deep thought

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Kingfisher

After much deep thought

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:59 pm

After much thought on this subject Michelle and have decided that we have way too many toys and need to clear the slate. Our income has not kept pace with our desires so with regrets we are going to sell our Van and two of our three Boats.

The Van is a 1996 1 ton Ford with the big C-6 trans and will pull most any boat anywhere. 351 engine. It has been outfitted with a serta mattress full size bed. It has tote storage under the bed and sleeps two very nice. Curtains and lots of storage top side for the little things. Just over 70 thousand miles actual. It does not use oil. Gas mileage varies but can get up to 15 hwy. It has a Solid hitch and new rear tires. The front ones are in great shape. Good brakes . This is an awesome camping van for two people. Add a tent and kids can go too. We used it to travel to places like Fluke lake and all over the Upper peninsula pulling our Starcraft or our Jon boat. W e paid 7 grand for it used and are asking 3 grand bed included.

I hate to sell this next one as we just got it but can not afford to finish the project. 1988 4 Winns Vista Cruiser. 24.5 foot cabin cruiser with only 1200 hours on it. Clean hull all the way through with good running 350 Chevy power and Cobra out drive. Boat is sitting on a nice solid bunk trailor (tandem) and has been winterized. We were planning on putting this on Lake St. Clair and keeping it there but financial limits have forced us to re think this Idea. It is a couple of tracks and some electronics away from being very fishable on Lake Michigan or Lake St. Clair. This boat has never spent a single season left in the water enjoying in and out service its entire life. The hull is as solid as it can be. This boat is worth far more then we are going to sell it for. but these older boats do not book that high. We are asking 3500.00 firm . Trailor has 2 inch ball and surge brakes,lights work great. Needs plate.

Third we are forced to sell our Starcraft 176 Super fisherman. Its basically an 18 foot boat at 17 ft 9 inches. 96 inch beam and sitting on a Shorelander roller trailor easy loader low rider. This boat can be launched where others only dream of going. We launched this boat with our Van into Cusino lake( upper pen) off the grass from lot #6 No problem. Hull is a 2003 and the engine is a trusty 2005 115 Merc 4 stroke. Forward live well and rear bait well. Rod storage for 12 rods all track system with tite loc tracks and rod holders . It has a full windshield and bimini top for those cold rainy days or for when the sun is burning you to death. Minnkota power drive with two good pedals 24 volt and good batteries. New start battery. Low hours on the engine we have used the boat itself a lot. Trailor has new rubber and the lights all work. Could use a new cover but the old one works fine for now. We have over 20 grand invested and are asking 12,000.00 for it with all the whistles. Lowrance 3500 c gps and x 96 locator. also x 51 on the bow mount. W e are also going to sell off some extra rods ,reels and other stuff to stream line our toys even more. We will also throw in a set of 34 inch custom tiger planer boards with this boat.

Our home needs to be finished and this has to be done beofre we have problems with weather related issues. There are always new toys later. ha ha ha .
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

http://www.fishall-lures.com

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Mike, so what are you going to fish with?

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Dinner tables aren't just for dinner anymore...

Sorry to hear you have to get rid of that new boat you guys just got, Mike. Wish I could help out and buy it from you! [smilie=brickwall.gif]
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

detroithardcore

Post by detroithardcore » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Mike,

I'm sorry for your situiation. For anyone considering the purchase of that Four Winns I have to say that is a very generous price. Even for a boat that old I feel it's much more worth the asking selling price. Not only can that 24.5 foot boat become a fishing machine but it also is perfect for family time on big water. After buying my Ranger last year I'm not in the position to buy but for anyone who is looking to fish big water this could be a great boat. I hope it all works out down the road and you can get back into a someday soon.
Scott

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:32 pm

W e fish most of time from our 14 foot Jon boat any way. It is just that we have so many home projects to finish that all these toys have to go away so we can get focused on finishing this house and property. Its not like we have to sell anything but if we dont nothing will get done on the house. The Van will make someone a great camper that has time to camp. If we keep it for another two or three years and it just sits it will rust away or just get filled up with rodents. W e will get another bigger boat after we clear this massive mess up and finish our house. You could say we have too many Irons in the fire. Im paying insurance on 3 boats and 3 vehicles and that is three too many. We have not used the van for two years in a row and it needs to be run and used. ANY WAY If there are any of you who would like to see any of these give me a shout. Mike
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

http://www.fishall-lures.com

Chasin50

Post by Chasin50 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:39 am

Well Mike, sounds like you are making the financially intelligent and responsible decision... Not fun, but necessary. I know you had high hopes for LSC this year with the bigger boat. You have lots of freinds, so you can always get a "ride" when you want one. That offer stands for my boat as well. Would love to fish with you and Michelle again one of these days. Best of luck getting the place around.