Fish Fest

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

kmur

Fish Fest

Post by kmur » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:54 am

Dear Fish Fest Supporters,

Over the last several years, Fish Fest has grown to become a much anticipated community event drawing nearly 2,500 visitors during the two day festival at the Wolf Lake State Fish Hatchery Visitor Center.

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment looks forward to hosting this fun and exciting opportunity for visitors to learn about outdoor recreation, environmental stewardship and how our natural resources are being conserved, managed and protected in Michigan.

Unfortunately, due to budget and staffing reductions, Fish Fest will not be taking place this summer. We hope that our financial situation will improve and allow us to offer this event for visitors in the future.

The good news is that my staff and I will continue to provide educational, meaningful and memorable experiences for visitors as they walk through our doors, hike our trails or participate in one of our interpretive programs.

Thank you for all of your support and understanding as we work through these difficult times.

Sincerely,

Shana McMillan, Park Interpreter
Wolf Lake Fish Hatchery Visitor Center
Marketing, Education & Technology Division
Michigan Department of Natural Resources and Environment
34270 County Road 652
Mattawan, MI 49071
Phone: 269-668-2876
Fax: 269-668-4487

Check out the Wolf Lake VC webpage www.michigan.gov/dnrevisitorcenters

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:59 am

That really sucks.
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

RadDawg

Post by RadDawg » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 pm

That does suck, my kids ask to go to it every year. This was to be the 5in a row.

Hamilton Reef

Post by Hamilton Reef » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:19 pm

This is just another sorry example from the article, 'Merged state agency under fire' Critics say funding issues imperil mission of Dept. of Natural Resources and Environment.