Tigers?

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:45 am

They need middle relief pitching and Rodney is not a Closer!!!!!!!!!!

Corey K

Post by Corey K » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:25 am

Steve S wrote:They need middle relief pitching and Rodney is not a Closer!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know the numbers don't lie with Rodney, 1 blown save this season, he has the best change up in baseball. Brandon Lyon and Ni were solid this year maybe just a few more pieces and trying to figure out what to do with Robertson, Willis, and Gallaraga.

Scott Williams

Post by Scott Williams » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:37 am

Rodney scares me every time he touches the ball, but as Corey said the numbers don't lie. I had no problem with Rodney being out there for 4 innings. He was still throwing hard at the end of it, plus they didn't have anybody left on the bench with as good of stuff as Rodney has. If anything IMO Leyland should have left Porcello out for a few more outs.

Would of, could of, should of... hind sight is always 20/20.

Bottom line is they need another quality starter to go along with Verlander, Jackson, and Porcello if they want to compete next year. They could also use another contact hitter or two with some speed on the basepaths. The Twins had a heck of a year, but the team that scares me for next year is the White Sox with their starting pitching (possibly the best starting pitching in baseball next year)

the one good thing about it is... I don't have to leave the lakes early to watch the Tigers anymore this year.

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:36 pm

**Good point Scott. That was one of the good things about the Lions post Barry Sanders era. I dont care to watch them anymore, think Ill go fishing!
** Again,.. Im not a baseball fan, but I hears it was a good season for DET as they wernt really picked to contend for the division. If thats true I give 'em credit for hangin tuff, even though they picked a really bad time to hit a slump.
** Why is a guy considered a "closer"? Is it because they can throw good stuff but only for a short time before burning out?

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Last nights game was a heart stopper. When they had the bases loaded with one out and Inge at the plate I thought for sure they would ice it. I cant believe Leyland pulled Magglio when he has had the hottest bat ???? Sometimes he just makes no sense to me. Rodney has never thrown more then 2 innings and was in uncharted waters. He hit a rock. But it was great game and had me out of my chair on no less then 4 occasions. The throw to the plate by Rayburn, double plays ,etc. It was a heck of a ball game. The Yankees are going to murder anyone they play so the twins who are really screwed for a starting pitcher are going to get blown out tonight. My guess? Yankees win the world series in 5 games. Kingfisher
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

http://www.fishall-lures.com

john c

Post by john c » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 pm

Leyland put them into position to win. The players didn't get it done.

...And there is always something evil or stupid happening in the Metrodome.
Here's one of them:

Corey K

Post by Corey K » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Yeah that pitch definately hit Huff that the Twins argued along with the Inge jersey graze. Also I think Granderson was safe on that double play, and it Polanco got rung up on a pitch that was well inside. But the Twins didn't get all the calls either. I'm done, I don't think they would of made alot of noise in the postseason anyways.

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:40 pm

I agree with Scott they need another good starter but eddie Bonine has been looking pretty good. He could be another right hander but they lack good stuff from the left side. Robertson has passed away. RIP . They need two good lefties to add to the 4 righthanders they have now. I like NI, Lyons, Bobbie sey and Minor. They can let Zoomia go lol. He hurts his pinky every year (theres no crying in baseball Joel) I like the lineup they have great infield and outfield and Laird is the best arm behind the plate in baseball. Rodney is a good closer but he should only pitch one inning per game. With only two pitches he gets into trouble if he has to face anyone twice. If he added a nasty curve ball he could be a starter. But like I said , the Tigers need a couple of good left handers to complete the pitching lineup. The twins just have too many good left handed hitters. But Petit will school them and the Yankees will sweep. Mike
""WILL FISH FOR FOOD""

http://www.fishall-lures.com