Down-East Sportscraft is tops!

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

hemichemi

Down-East Sportscraft is tops!

Post by hemichemi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:52 pm

This past Sunday when out trolling with Lemay, one of my nearly-new (I got them in mid April 2009) Down-East Salty rod holders broke; one of the two pieces that clamshell around the rod broke down near the brass hingepin.

Monday, I called Down-East Sportscraft in Lewiston, Maine; the phone was answered on the second ring by Steve Peterson (the vice-president of D-E) who listened to my story, then immediately apologized for my problem and promptly promised to send me a replacement, no charge.

This is Wednesday, and I just opend the Priority Mail package I was sent and found a replacement for the whole clamshell assembly! And a new retaining pin which keeps the assembly captive in the base. I was expecting no more than one half of the assembly and a new hingepin... maybe in a week or so. Oh, and there was also a hand-written apology for my trouble signed by Steve.

Anyway, I think their excellent service (and their excellent products, my small problem notwithstanding) deserve acknowlegement and recognition, since they both seem to be getting harder and harder to find these days.

So, big kudos go to Steve Peterson and Down-East Sportscraft. Thanks for the excellent service! You can bet I'll be recommending your products to my friends in the future.

[smilie=applause.gif] [smilie=2thumbsup.gif] [smilie=applause.gif]

Tom Carter
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

detroithardcore

Post by detroithardcore » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:07 pm

Good to hear since I'm finally gonna come over to the dark side and start trolling more to increase my chances. Mike King(kingfisher) reccommended that I get some Down-East rail rod holders for my boat. I'm looking forward to using these on a regular basis since I can't catch fish casting!
Scott

BrokenWing

Post by BrokenWing » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 pm

DetoirtHC -

Don't go to the darkside!! If I can help in anyway in keeping you from going to the dark side send me a PM!!!

Rich

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 pm

detroithardcore wrote:Good to hear since I'm finally gonna come over to the dark side and start trolling more to increase my chances. Mike King(kingfisher) reccommended that I get some Down-East rail rod holders for my boat. I'm looking forward to using these on a regular basis since I can't catch fish casting!
Make sure you get the "Salty" version; it's stronger and more muskie-worthy.
Don't drink and derive.

kid coulson

Post by kid coulson » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:22 am

I love em. I dont think Ill ever use anything different. To hear about
the excellent customer service makes them that much better!

Poppy

Salty set up

Post by Poppy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:26 am

What track set ups are you all using for your salty's? I'd like to set 4 salty's up on tracks (two holders on each side) so I can remove them when I'm not trolling.

Nick

Will Schultz

Re: Salty set up

Post by Will Schultz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:42 am

Poppy wrote:What track set ups are you all using for your salty's? I'd like to set 4 salty's up on tracks (two holders on each side) so I can remove them when I'm not trolling.

Nick
Check out MMA sponsor traxstech.

http://www.traxstech.com/
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

edalz

Post by edalz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:04 am

I have Traxstech and they are great. Made in MI and if you call them they will help you with anything including layout in your boat.
"I wish ignorance was painful".

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 am

Traxstech (formerly Pursuit) tracks are what I have, too. Fabulous. You won't be disappointed.
Don't drink and derive.

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:54 pm

I'll 3rd that...
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?