Lake Ovid outing

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

TimD

Lake Ovid outing

Post by TimD » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:08 am

I wanted to say thanks to Scott and Don for organizing the Ovid outing. A good turn out and a great job with the grill and raffle. It was good to see friends and faces, new and old.

edalz

Post by edalz » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:07 am

It was a great day and thanks to everyone involved and it was nice to meet you guys.
"I wish ignorance was painful".

Walt Clinansmith

Post by Walt Clinansmith » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:28 am

It was good to see some of you guys out on the water. Wound up having to leave for home at 11:30..Bummer. Hope all did well. Sorry I missed the 1:00 get together.

pikerule2

Post by pikerule2 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:11 pm

Thanks Scott and Don, and everyone else, it was a lot of fun and a great feed too! Really generous of you, and not even accepting donations towards it. Hell I even left with two lures that are way better than the four losers I brought!

I salute all those who caught fish too. I think I made all the wrong moves and let down a good partner in Tom M. At one point I think we trolled an entire 5 minutes, the longest span without having to clean weeds off our lines. Shoulda' written that off and stuck to casting, but we struggled with that as well!

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:43 pm

It was our pleasure to take care of the food and setting things up.
It was great to meet a bunch of new faces, and it was great to actually
have a bunch of people show up for an outing!!!!! [smilie=2thumbsup.gif]
Oh and the fishing wasn't too bad either [smilie=cheers2.gif]

Oh and Will, thanks for jumping in the boat for a minute, you made Scotts year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smilie=applause.gif]
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

Steve S

Post by Steve S » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 pm

On behalf of my partner Mike Root and myself, I would like to thank-you for a great outing. Thank-you for the food and the lures, I still think we should have donated some money, I think the club could always use it Thanks again Steve

Scrappy

Post by Scrappy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:30 am

What a great day and a great outing. You guys are very welcome and it was Don and my pleasure to sponsor the event. Finally, someone ate the food I brought! [smilie=attention.gif]

I can't speak for Don but I look forward to sponsoring this event again next year. It was great seeing a bunch of you guys again and meeting some of you for the first time as well. Good stuff.

Will, what can I say. [smilie=bow.gif]
Stupid Fish!!!!

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:50 am

[smilie=2thumbsup.gif]

Thanks to Scott and Don for taking the time to put this together and thanks to everyone for making it such a great turnout.

I wish we could have stayed to talk and hang out but I had to get back to set up for a big party, we had to be off the water by 10. [smilie=brickwall.gif]
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Jim tenHaaf

Post by Jim tenHaaf » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:50 pm

Thanks to Don and Scott for the perfectly done burgers. It was great to finally put faces with Forum names. It's just too bad Ovid doesn't have any muskies [smilie=brickwall.gif] [smilie=bs.gif]

MuskyTom

Post by MuskyTom » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:13 pm

I am with Jim, Ovid has no muskies, lol! Thanks to Scott and Don, the food was great and the lure trade/raffle was fun. Thanks Joe for taking me along, I guess the muskie gods weren't on our side Saturday. What is up with all the stinkin wind this year???

hemichemi

Post by hemichemi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:32 pm

First off, I want to apologize to everyone; I'm the one responsible for causing the muskies to be scarce. What always happens is, the first muskie to see me passes the word around, and then they all go into to hiding, and snigger at my lures as they go by... :-x [smilie=brickwall.gif]

Secondly, BIG thanks to Bomba and Scrappy for a GREAT outing! [smilie=applause.gif] Kudos! *BURP!* :shock:

Lastly, what kind of weirdo goes muskie fishing wearing tan khakis and a yellow dress shirt? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Alcohol and calculus don't mix —
Don't drink and derive.

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:08 am

Lastly, what kind of weirdo goes muskie fishing wearing tan khakis and a yellow dress shirt?
I dont know but it sounds like that person may be bringing Sexy Back...

KK
If I wasn't born to fish then why am I here?

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:12 am

Thanks Scott and Don from me too! I'm glad you guys got a healthy dose of action, you deserved it!

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:15 am

Cyberlunge wrote:
Lastly, what kind of weirdo goes muskie fishing wearing tan khakis and a yellow dress shirt?
I dont know but it sounds like that person may be bringing Sexy Back...

KK
First: That color is called Sea Oats not yellow.
Second: It's a Columbia vented fishing shirt not a dress shirt.

Lastly, as Kevin mentioned, I am bringing sexy back.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:27 am

Will Schultz wrote:[Lastly, as Kevin mentioned, I am bringing sexy back.
So, when you were bending over in the front of the boat rubbing your hand on your azz like a chimpanzee? Was that the sexy coming back? :shock:
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"