Kudos

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Scrappy

Kudos

Post by Scrappy » Sat May 21, 2005 4:12 pm

Kudos to Ron Berry for winning the musky prize at today's Sanford Northern Pike Open and for helping us to get the sponsors of the tourney to require that the musky prize be a no transport one. Ron caught a 43 1/8 incher (by the way we think it is the same fish I caught Wednesday night in the same area) this morning, took a digital photo and got a couple of witnesses to verify the fish and released it. He explained to the judges at the weigh in that transporting a musky from the Flats area down to the weigh on at the Midland Co. park would likely have killed the fish and if they would not award him the trophy because he did not transport it, so be it. Ron, Brian and I explained to the judges the need to change the rules of the tourney for muskies and they agreed that next year the musky award will be strictly no transport. Kudos to Ron catching the first legal musky in the Sanford Pike tourney's history I believe and for working hard to use his example to get the rules changed. The judgres in announcing his prize gave Ron Kudos for his sportsmanship in not endangering the life of a musky and Ron got a well deserved hand of applause. Good work Ron! Thanks to examples like Ron it is clear that MMA, under Will's leadership, is making a difference.

Also, Kudos to whomever got Esox Angler to write the brief article on the MMA and sliping in the need for a spearing ban. Nice work and hats off to the boys at EA for printing the piece.[/b][/list]

ron berry

thanks

Post by ron berry » Sun May 22, 2005 1:03 pm

thanks scott i appreciate all that u and brian did with the judges and it great that tere willing to change the rules for our fish,once again thanks

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Sun May 22, 2005 5:54 pm

GREAT JOB guys, that was long overdue..... Sorry I had to miss it, I got called into work... I hope someone let Dan in their boat.... :?:
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Mon May 23, 2005 12:50 pm

That's great! :D

Good job guys.
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Duke

Post by Duke » Tue May 24, 2005 2:48 pm

Great job Ron, Brian and Scott. That is a really cool story and its great to see the wheels of change actually turning in the Sanford community. Congrats to all of you for your recent catches too. Hope you can get back to the noble chase again soon Scott- or does nothing stand in the way of your musky fishing??