Let down lake???

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

MuskyDan

Post by MuskyDan » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:07 am

I think Ross is a sleeper and we need to think bigger than the three weeds in the lake. I believe Ross would be a great place to fish both open water and really, really, shallow. I am excited about going back to Ross. The lake reminds me of the lakes Bucher always fishes in his videos nasty a$$ clay banked lakes with that weird colored water. He seems to hit fish with top raiders in those lakes would that make the bait situational?? :lol:
MuskyDan

Bryan Saenz

ross notes..

Post by Bryan Saenz » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:46 pm

ROSS LAKE....ROSS LAKE ...ROSS LAKE....

Ok fella's I should shut my mouth and not say anything, but being the nice guy that I am I am going to pass on my muskie notes on ROSS. I worked as a mattress and furniture delivery guy working my way through college ...lol still in damn school... Anyway, On many deliveries to beaverton, and houses that are by ross or on the water, I have spoke to many fisherman, or spearers who have taken MONSTER muskie..I mean many fish OVER 50"... I have seen pictures and mounts they had. Noisy topwater like Joe Bucher...well yes, that is good, in fact almost all bucher tackle is the key to Ross and has been for me, with the exception of very loud topwater. If you use my notes and get a big boy on ross, drop me a line and let me know. Ok , here goes..
1) by the far island there is a 10ft deep hole that drops quick and is not very big, but from late afternoon, until darkness they roam around island and hide right in there. I have found that a 9" Lowrider in a BRIGHT color will get you bit. ( a spot that gets speared in winter )
2) If you launch and head i think it would be northwest, heading towards the island, the go left, on the bank side there are tons of stumps out of water, it is a big mud flat, great in early carp spawn time, they break water all over there, and on this big flat i have found throwing BRIGHT Topraiders or SuperTopraiders will get you bit, have not had luck with a lowrider there. Also, a buzzbait got me a blowup before but no hook up.
3) Last 2 spots that i have had pretty good luck - on either side of bridge casting BRIGHT or Black depthraiders, I even caught a catfish and a walleye on them last season. In front of damn, same kind of baits produced BIG fish. many people, mostly locals will say live bait, but that ain't me...
Hope this helps, I plan on fishing sanford for the opener, unless its a very warm spring, then I will be at ross.
Bryan