Muskie Resolutions?

General musky fishing discussions and questions.

Moderator: Cyberlunge

Will Schultz

Muskie Resolutions?

Post by Will Schultz » Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:15 pm

With a new year just around the corner what are your muskie resolutions for 2006?

Besides having FUN which is a pre-requisite... do you plan to:
- Fish more
- Catch more
- Fish less
- Catch bigger fish
- Try new lakes
- Fish the same lakes
- Fish better
- Try new techniques
- Stay in Michigan
- Travel more

Well?
Self interest is for the past, common interest is for the future.

Larry Porter

Post by Larry Porter » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:15 pm

Definitely, catch a fish on the fly rod.
Catch a fish on a surface bait.
Add Austin to the mix.
Get brave enough to just say no to Macatawa.
Make contact jigging with the Fuzzy Duzzit.
Drop the rod for a few casts and take some good pictures.

Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:26 pm

2006 will be a go for it year for Michelle and I. We will be starting January 1st on the Ice targeting Muskies. Ohio,Indiana and Illinois are all on the Feb,Mar, and April tickets.Lake st claire will get at least 10 week ends and we have planned two 10 day vacations to northwest Canada to fish super High numbers lakes. Ill be fishing three to 4 days every week from opener till closing locally. Our goals are to win Mens and womens National titles(Muskies Inc) and catch 200 plus Muskies between the two of us. We will have our hands full as there are a bunch of good sticks in Muskies inc. Its a lofty goal but with a little luck and the right weather at the right times we can get it done. All our bait shopping is done and Michelles new Avid is being tied up. All repairs complete and bills paid up. We are just waiting for 2006 and chompin at the bits. This will be our first attempt at taking the top spots in these divisions. Im hoping for a couple of super fish as well with St. Claire probably being our best bet for a 50 incher in 2006. Never know though as there are some real big fish south of the Michigan Border. Good luck to all the rest of the club as you pursue your 2006 goals,we know we will need all the luck we can get. Kingfisher

Cyberlunge
Site Admin

Post by Cyberlunge » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:01 pm

I hope to spend more time on the water and appreciate the fact that I am on the water, catching fish or not. I plan to continue educating people and step that effort up in the southern Manistee/Mason county area, we need to protect the babies in Hamlin. I know, I know but this is as close as I will get to a Home lake and I plan to protect them with information dissemination. Try to work a show or two and continue the fight for esox equality amongst the cold water minded anglers of the state. I would also like to give a few free rides to piggies in the Kwik cradle 8) . Meet and talk to more members of the club and strengthen a good group of conservationist's. Encourage tolerance and unity on the issue of stocking in the state of Michigan, we are on the cusp of greatness and can not fall victim to petty territorial issues. Catch a fish at the ice-out, last year the weather was not friendly.
Kevin

Walt Clinansmith

Post by Walt Clinansmith » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:40 am

Well you narrowed that down Will :)
I want to stay focused on casting for Musky when we are in Canada, even when the kids are hauling in pike, walleye and big rock bass.

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:49 am

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

NSTAGATOR

Post by NSTAGATOR » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:01 am

Fish less....but fish smarter.Didn`t really fish that much in 2005 though.
More muti species fishing
Fish some new lakes
Grow some balls for LSC :shock:

Dave

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:20 am

Bomba wrote:yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
HAHAHAHAHA - way to expand my examples into thoughts of your own Bomba.

thedude

Post by thedude » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:13 pm

I plan to continue educating people and step that effort up in the southern Manistee/Mason county area, we need to protect the babies in Hamlin. I know, I know but this is as close as I will get to a Home lake and I plan to protect them with information dissemination.

I'll be doing the same thing!

thedude
Release em all!

Bomba

Post by Bomba » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:34 pm

Will Schultz wrote:
Bomba wrote:yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
HAHAHAHAHA - way to expand my examples into thoughts of your own Bomba.
Thank Will, I thought it was pretty creative considering the day I'm having here at work....
Don Bomba

"PASS IT ON"

Will Schultz

Post by Will Schultz » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:38 pm

My resolutions for 2006:
- Write more than I did in 2005
- Fish some of the water that I ignored last year
- Outline and execute a plan to make MMA work for the future
- Catch a few fish

Kingfisher

One more thing

Post by Kingfisher » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:58 pm

Well I forgot one thing . I think we(as a club) should hold a membership drive (meeting ) in Ludington this year(2006) We could do a little advertising and get Dunhams to help sponser it and maybe hold the meeting there. Preach a little C.P.R. show a little musky slide show maybe have a few speakers( Michigan guys) get a few locals on our side kind of thing. WHat you guys think??? 8) 8) 8) 8) Kingfisher

Chasin50

Post by Chasin50 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:07 am

I am going to stop trolling... Trolling sucks... I am going to cast, cast, cast... My goal is to spend less time on the water, but improve my catch rate per hour. Also need to catch a 50 in Michigan casting. In order to do this I will need to think smarter and grow some gills... I would also like to continue to fish with more of our members.

kbkrause

Re: Muskie Resolutions?

Post by kbkrause » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:32 pm

- Fish LSC more, learn more of the lake
- Cast more
- Catch more

Only been Muskie fishing a few years and I've caught all my Muskies trolling. I want to get out and get some fish casting.
“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.” -- ALDO LEOPOLD

Abomb

Post by Abomb » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:26 pm

I want to get at least two good days on St. Clair without worring that my boat might capsize. My goal by 2007 is : get a bigger boat.